Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Bunch of New Paintings



I finally waxed my latest EIGHT paintings. Waxing is not my favorite thing to do so I tend to wait until the last possible moment to do it. It's just such a bitch to get the wax smooth and the larger the painting, the harder it is. I like the look though so for now, I'll just have to suck it up!
"Walking to Church", 30" x 24"
I decided not to cover the eyes on this painting and use if for my upcoming series on immigrants, that I have yet to title. I showed it to my dad and he thought the bars would ruin the painting. I don't agree, but he is a bit biased since it's a painting of him and his mom.

"Swimming Pool", 14" x 11"
"Shooting Arrows:, 11" x 14"

Untitled (for now), 12" x 12"
So it turns out, this is a Latina woman so I can feel okay about not covering her eyes and adding her to my immigrant series. I think I made a lot of people happy by doing this.

"Sitting by the Pool",  20" x 16"

"Casual Conversation", 24" x 24"

"Woman Holding Child", 10" x 10"
I'm still undecided about this series. I like it in concept but I don't think my execution is quite there yet. I will try a few more before I decide if I will continue it.

"Girl Holding Teddy Bear", 10" x 10"
As you can see, not all of my paintings are always successful. Some of these came out great, others, not so much. I'll let you decide which ones you think worked.







No comments:

Post a Comment