Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Speaking of Art...

I am very pleased and honored to be asked to speak at the 2011 5th Annual Encaustic Conference in Provincetown, Massachusetts! This conference, created and directed by Joanne Mattera, assembles some of this country's top artists working in encaustic wax to talk, demonstrate, and give workshops on what they do best. It's a time to network and socialize with other artists and surround oneself in art. It's three days of waxy goodness and I get to be a part of it!

My session is titled "Taking the Leap: Quitting Your Day Job to Make Art" and I will be speaking about my personal experiences with making the transition from 13 years of teaching math to full-time artist. It will be my first time in front of a class of artists, rather than math students, and while I am a bit nervous to present to my peers and fellow artists, I am looking forward to it. I am also extremely excited to explore Provincetown since I have never been there. I can't wait until June!

Please visit the encaustic conference website for more information.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you again!!!! This will be the best conference ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Jhina! Congratulations. I'll see you there. Provincetown is a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO HOO counting the months! You know you've made it when Joanne asks you to present at The Conference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Waxy goodness." I'm quoting you on that!

    ReplyDelete