Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bicycles on a Beautiful Day

It was a BEAUTIFUL day in San Francisco today. It was the perfect Spring day, except that it's winter. It's the kind of day where you really should be outside, basking in the sunlight. So what did I do today? I was was in my studio painting. I am really loving my latest painting, and although sunshine is a rarity in SF, especially this time of the year, I couldn't wait to get inside my studio and paint.

I am starting to pick more complicated and challenging images to paint now. I feel pretty confident in my abilities and am wanting more than just the basic person posing in front of the camera. This newest one has a bicycle in it, but not only does it have a bicycle (which is complicated on it's own), but the bike is at a weird angle. I was a little afraid of starting this piece cause I wasn't so sure if I could paint the bike but so far it, I think it looks pretty good. I still have a ton of work on this painting but so far, I am happy with the results. Take a look:
I did the drawing and got to this point yesterday.





As you can see, I got a lot of work done today. The spokes on the bike will be interesting to do. I'm not sure how I will approach it yet. I want to not get caught up in all of the details (which I tend to do) and just give the "impression" of the spokes, along with the bike. I am trying to paint more loosely with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment