Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Teaching and Painting

Getting used to my new schedule hasn't been easy. Working in the morning and then painting all day has taken some time to get used to, especially since I have to get up at 6am now. Fortunately my husband is very good at having dinner ready and waiting for me when I get home. I have also started drinking coffee again, which helps, and surprisingly my energy has been pretty good (must be the B12 I've been taking!). It's not my ideal schedule but, it's been working and I have been painting the same amount everyday so far. I find that after teaching three Pre-Calculus and Advanced Algebra morning classes (and dealing with teenagers!), it's nice to "veg" out in the studio and paint in order to "de-stress".

If I had to take a job, this was definitely the best possible one for me to take. The kids are good and my teaching schedule is perfect. Now if only I could clone myself so that the other things I am neglecting  (like house-cleaning and paperwork) can get done....a girl can wish!

Now on to the progress of my latest painting...

Here is a close-up of the first boy. I am pretty pleased with the way his ear turned out. It's probably the best ear I have ever painted. I was able to finish him up and can now concentrate on the other boy and the bike. 





No comments:

Post a Comment