Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Commission #3 of 3

After getting too frustrated with my recent painting (aka commission painting #2: the bane of my existence), I decided that I need to take a break from it in order to get some space from it. I just couldn't get certain elements right, which was making me resentful and angry.  Since I had one more painting in the series, I figured it was a good time to start painting #3.

I worked on the new piece for about 4 hours so it has a long way to go before I can call it done. Here it is:
The image is of two men at a drive-in theater with the listening speaker-thing that usually attaches to the car help up to their ears. One of them men owns a chain of movie theaters and I think the other person may be a business partner or friend.

A detail of the newest painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment