Sunday, April 24, 2011

Newly Waxed Paintings

I finally hit the wax and blow torch today and got my latest 4 paintings waxed and officially DONE.

"Sunglass Beauty", 16"x16", oil and encaustic wax

"Carefree" 16"x16", oil and encaustic wax

"Girlfriends" 16"x16", oil and encaustic wax

"The Gang's All Here" 24"x40", oil and encaustic wax

"The Gang's All Here", Detail 1

"The Gang's All Here", Detail 2
I was also able to start the underpainting for my next diptych. It's probably the biggest painting I have done in a long while. It will measure 24"x 54" when both pieces are together. I am using a 24"x30" panel and a 24"x24" panel. I like that one of the panels is bigger than the other. It works really well with the composition. I didn't take a picture of the second panel since I haven't started the underpainting for that yet. I'll post it tomorrow.


Here's a detail:



No comments:

Post a Comment