Sunday, May 29, 2011

New Painting, Updated Work

I waxed one of my paintings today. I usually wait until I have at least three or four paintings done and wax all at the same time, but I am hoping to use it for an ad for open studios this Fall. All the art is due soon so I had to get waxing on this one.
"Three by the Pool", 30"x30", oil and encaustic wax on panel

I am still working on the monkey bar painting. It started out as a diptych but the first panel wasn't turning out the way I wanted it. The figures were blurry and didn't have much contrast. They were looking cartoony, so instead of having a weak panel in this diptych, I decided to get rid of the first panel and just keep the second. The second one works well on it's own and is fun. My art assistant loves the fact that there's a girl with no head in the painting. I think it makes for an interesting composition.


No comments:

Post a Comment