Monday, May 30, 2011

Two New Galleries

I am happy to announce that there will be two more galleries showing my work! The first gallery is Forre Fine Art, in Aspen, Colorado. They will be receiving 8 of my paintings this week to be part of an 'introductions" show this summer. The second gallery is the JoAnne Artman Gallery in Laguna Beach, California. They will have 5 of my paintings by this weekend and I will be a featured artist in October. I feel so lucky to have to have two more galleries believe in my work enough to show it in their establishment.

On a different note... Micah LeBrun, curator at 111 Minna Gallery, suggested that I paint the sides of my panels a dark brown. The theory is that this will make my work "pop" off the walls so that even on a white wall, my work will look good. I have been having a harder time selling my work to people with white walls. Since there is so much white in my work, and the raw umber is muted, my paintings tend to blend in with the walls they are hanging on. I took Micah's advice to heart and have started painting the sides of my paintings. I have to say that I like the way they look! The pieces look more "finished" and they do stand out a little more. Judge for yourself:


I am still working on my monkey bar painting, but now that I have to prepare all these paintings to be shipped, I don't know if I'll have enough time to finish it before I head off to Provincetown for the encaustic conference I am presenting at. Hell, I haven't even had time to get my presentation together (although I have been thinking about what I will say a lot). I've got a few more days to get everything together so of course, I woke up this morning feeling sick. I don't have time to be sick. There is way too much to do by Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment