Sunday, June 19, 2011

Monkey Bar Painting- Work in Progress

"Monkey Bars", 30"x40" WORK IN PROGRESS
I feel like this painting has taken me FOREVER to paint. I started this version of the painting in early June, before I went to Provincetown to present at the encaustic conference. Since that time, I went on vacation for a week in New York, visited family and friends, and then drove to Laguna Beach to visit my new gallery and drop off some work. Now it is two and a half weeks later and I am finally starting to make some progress on this piece since I finally have a block of time to just paint. I am hoping to have it done by tomorrow so that I can start on something new.

I am not a fan of having such a long break between starting and finishing a painting. I feel like the break disrupts my flow, making it hard to get back into the rhythm of things. I try to not start a painting when I know that I won't be able to finish it within a week, or at least get a good chunk of the work done. I would have had enough time to finish this before the conference but then I unexpectedly had to prep and ship 11 panels, which took some time. At any rate, I hope you enjoy this latest piece. It is about 90% done and the next time I post it, it will be waxed and on my website.



No comments:

Post a Comment