Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Getting Into the Groove

It is the second week of school and I can already feel myself getting into a groove. The lessons are going smoothly and my classes don't feel as chaotic as they did last week. I still don't have as much time as I'd like to paint during the day, but at least now I don't feel so overwhelmed. Being a lot calmer, I am now able to get right to work once I get to my studio.

I have found that I like working on at least two paintings at a time. While one is drying, I can work on the other. Or, if I get frustrated or bored on one section of a piece, I can work on the other painting. Here is what I started over the weekend and worked on today:

I started this painting on Saturday and finished the
 underpainting yesterday.

This painting continues the "men in bathing suits" theme
I've been working on. I don't paint very often and
decided to add a few to the series.

You can see part of the reference photo in this shot.
The panel is 24"x24".


Guy number two. 

Almost done with the underpainting. I'm hoping another hour and
that will be done. I'd like to have these two paintings done by this
weekend, if all goes well.


No comments:

Post a Comment