Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Painting While Sick

Today was not a good day for me. I woke up feeling feverish and achy. I'd love to say I felt better after a few naproxen (my drug of choice), but unfortunately, I didn't. In fact, later I got the added bonus of dizzy spells. But being the trooper that I am, I did manage to get to the studio for about three hours. As my studio-mate, Lani Tanaka, says: "I suffer for my art". Boy was I suffering today! It was hard to resist the urge to curl up on my couch in my studio, but I did.

I'm kind of surprised I didn't ruin my paintings, actually, considering how I felt. It's a risk to paint while sick. Fortunately for me, it seems to have worked out. I got my two little paintings mostly done. I may add some bright whites on some spots, perhaps some really dark spots to punch up the contrast, tomorrow.

After looking at this some, I may need to shorten the bars over her
 eyes.  Her hair needs more highlights too.
Can you recognize who she is?

This guy originally had a girl sitting next to her. She
didn't have much contrast and didn't seem to add to the
composition so I took her out of the picture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment