Thursday, October 13, 2011

Stop Motion Video Attempt

I have decided that with my next painting I would snap pictures on my iPhone and make a "poor man's" stop-motion video. This would mean that I would have to remember to take a picture every few minutes as I work on this painting, which isn't as easy as it sounds. Sometimes you get in "the zone" and the next thing you know, a large portion of the painting is done and the pictures weren't snapped. I did pretty well today and managed to take 18 photos. I'm sure I could have gotten more since I did paint for 4.5 hours today, but I decided to take a picture after each "major" piece was done on her body. I guess I could have also set a time to take a picture every ten minutes, and maybe I will do that for the next one. I'm hoping the video will work out okay because I think it would be pretty cool to see the progress of a painting this way (I've been scrolling really fast through the photos on my phone and it looks pretty cool so far). Fortunately, Ben, my husband is a audio/video editor genius so I'll get some professional help when I am ready to set it up.



This is the last image I took of my painting that I started today. It is 30"x40".

No comments:

Post a Comment