Sunday, April 22, 2012

News and Other People's Art

On a rare excursion out of my house and studio on Saturday (most people who know me know that I am usually working in my studio or at home), I managed to catch the opening reception for Scott Inguito and Kellen Breen at Place Pigalle in San Francisco. Although I had seen the work before (we are all at the same studio space), it was nice to see them in a different context. Both men have a unique look to their work and paint VERY large canvases that make my paintings look like postage stamps.  Here are some pictures from the opening:
Scott Inguito and his art.


Kellen's painting on the left, Scott's painting on the right.

Scott's painting on the left, Kellen's on the right.

Kellen Breen and his paintings.
In other news, five of my paintings are being shown at this year's San Francisco Decorator's Showcase.  Here's some installation shots:

Decorator Lisa Bakamis', of Lisa Bakamis Interior Design, designed the press room.


And finally, "Rejuvenation" opened at Richard J. Demato Gallery in Sag Harbor, NY. The show got some great press in the Sag Harbor Express and runs until May 15th.  
This painting of mine sold at the opening reception yesterday. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment