Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Happy Place

It is summer vacation and while most people would be sleeping in late and relaxing, perhaps even traveling, I am on a full-time paint schedule, and I couldn't be happier. FINALLY my only concern for the day is which painting to work on instead of the sixty million other things that would occupy my mind. FINALLY I can spend my whole day in my studio, with my headphones on and a brush in my hand, oblivious to the rest of the world. FINALLY I can relax and just paint. For some this may not seem like a vacation, but for me, it is heaven. That's not to say I won't be leaving town and spending some time doing what normal people do while on vacation. I will. In fact, my husband and I will be traveling to Italy soon and I couldn't be more excited. I'll be sure to post images of the beautiful art and food we encounter. Until then, it's back to my happy place, my studio! Yay!

One of two pieces I hope to get done by tomorrow. This is 24"x30".

The second of two...this one is 30"x30".

Yup, this one again...can you even tell I have worked on this some more? This one will
probably take me all summer...mostly because I only work on it once a week in my
class....but also because I am trying to get this as realistic as possible. I'm still on layer
one of color. Three more to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment